EEI's International Programs currently serves over 60 international electric power companies with operations in dozens of countries around the world.
The Program serves as a platform to provide international and U.S. electric power company executives and management with opportunities for knowledge exchange, peer-to-peer and industry expert connections, the ability to promote company initiatives and successes, analysis on global utility developments, access to EEI in-house experts and more.
EEI's International Programs delivers value through three core activities:
- Global Outreach
- Thought Leadership
- Convening Opportunities for Strategic Dialogues
- July, 2016: EEI's International Programs released its 2016 Mid-Year Report, highlighting some of the International Programs' activities and accomplishments from January - July, 2016, and including an outlook of activities for the remainder of the year.
- June, 2016: Dr. Lawrence Jones participated in a discussion on Utilities and Transportation Electrification, hosted by the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP), and in partnership with Hydro-Québec and Electric Mobility Canada (EMC).
- June, 2016: EEI partnered with EnAct for its Father's Day 'energy wish for every child in the world' campaign, including quotes from EEI's leadership team. EEI's Vice President of International Programs, Dr. Lawrence Jones, participated in a related podcast with EnAct Executive Director Marilyn Smith.
- June, 2016: EEI partnered with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and the World Resources Institute (WRI) to release a review of electric company-offered corporate renewable energy products to promote greater customer collaboration.
- June, 2016: Review the highlights from EEI's Annual Convention.
- June, 2016: Congratulations to The AES Corporation (AES) for winning EEI's 2016 International Edison Award.
- June, 2016: The Edison Foundation Institute for Electric Innovation (IEI) releasted its latest book, Thought Leaders Speak Out: Key Trends Driving Change in the Electric Power Industry, Volume II.
- June, 2016: EEI and the China Electricity Council (CEC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to deepen cooperative partnership and promote mutual development between the two organizations and their member companies.
- May, 2016: EEI released its annual Financial Review on the financial performance and strategic direction of the electric utility industry, including policy develoments that continue to shape the industry.